Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rebecca: Ben's experiment

Ben wants to try an experiment - write a simple Apple app in 30 days AND blog about it.  He has asked me to share my perspective on this experiment.  I am Rebecca Bruhl, the other half of this relationship and company (trust me, I am not the better half).  The experiment starts October 1st, and I am trying out blogging before the official start date.

Besides sharing this blog and company with Ben, I also share two kids, a smelly dog, and a mortgage with Ben.  Ben and I have been married a long time, and we thought the blog would spice things up.  I work full time in sales for a large corporation.  Ben is the lead developer for Zenerdgy, and I am the lead marketer for our company.  Marketing and sales are very different, and I am starting at the beginning trying to figure out how to market effectively...thus, my willingness to blog.

Before we officially start this experiment, I want to go on the record about a few things.  Firstly, I am very thankful that Ben has started his own company and that he is creating apps that are useful and family friendly.  It takes a lot of courage and faith to walk away from a stable job and start an endeavor where success is not a given.  Secondly, I am thankful for my job.  My corporate job keeps the lights on.  It has also given me a ton of experience and confidence.  Lastly, I am thankful for Ben and the kids.  Ben started Zenerdgy a little over a year ago, and we have all adjusted.  Money is a little tighter, but Ben is here when the kids come home.

I have absolutely no programming or technical experience.  My blogs will reflect the perspective of a non-technical, overwhelmed, and mostly supportive partner.  Hopefully, it will be entertaining...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment