Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rebecca: Meetings Redefined

After Ben geeked out with his friend Jaime over lunch, I wanted a de-brief.  Jaime is well-versed in social media, and he has a basic knowledge of app marketing.  Of course, Ben needed to walk the dog before we went our separate ways to transport kids to various activities.  Necessity led us to the great idea of de-briefing while we walked the dog.

Ben had many things to share about "geeky" stuff.  Jaime had recommendations on design. They also discussed pros/cons of Sprite (not the soda), the new iOS platform, and app development.  What I really wanted to know:  How does Jaime know about conferences and meetings?  How does he use Twitter? Where does he learn about marketing?  Ben gave me the same blank stare that I gave him when he explained why/why not Sprite may be better for a given task.  But Ben got an unexpected interruption in our impromptu meeting...

It started to rain, and it started to HAIL.   We were motivated to share the important information and adjourn this meeting.  Two minutes later, I was speed walking home.  Lovely...shelter.  Ben was left with meeting clean-up (the dog had done her thing).

Even though Ben and I share an office and more, we still need to take dedicated time to exchange information and ideas.  In the hustle and bustle of family life, we do not always communicate as well as we should for Zenerdgy.  We also need to reach out and tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience of our friends and colleagues.  I am anxious to tap into Jaime's brain.  He knows so much about social media and the related tools.  Next "geek" out, I am going...maybe, just dessert.  I am not sure I can handle 3+ hours of tech talk.  Actually, I know I can't.

Disclaimer:  I was planning to write this blog last night.  When I got home from cheer practice (almost 8pm), I decided to have a glass of wine.  My motivation to the write blog was negatively impacted by my delicious glass of wine...okay, I admit it was 2 glasses of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment