Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stage 3: Testing and Refinement


    Well, the app is performing pretty well now.  The problem I had last night really was a silly spacing issue.  Another case of using an absolute value as a place holder for me to view the design. Today I revamped the score drawing routines to be a little less judgmental about the size of the device.  Ok, I admit it, I am using percentages to handle height and width.   It also helps when you rotate the devices.

    I believe I am officially to the 3rd stage of development, Testing and Refinement.   (Stages 1 & 2 were the iPhone and iPad devices)  The app now works well with both devices, scores games like a champ in two different styles, and saves and retrieves old games.  I have started to deploy the app onto the family for testing and feedback.  Now I will concentrate on cleaning up the cosmetic stuff and possibly adding some new scoring styles.  With any luck I will have a production ready product next Friday.    There is still a lot of work to do, but I am optimistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment